How much Do Nurses Earn in Nigeria?

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.

How much do you earn presently as a nurse?

Below N50K
5%
50K - 100K
45%
100K - 300K
45%
300K - And Above
5%

Total votes: 22

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Re: How much Do Nurses Earn in Nigeria?

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Stephanie Catherine
Anambra state RN/RM N35000 (Onitsha) and single qualified N25,000
Omalicha Ella
Stephanie Catherine you are right oooi... Awka is worst....
Even here in kaduna......😂😂😂😂
Nnabuife Ibekwe Jane Eseoghene
I worked in Onitsha last and I was Paid 20k
Stephanie Catherine
Anyika Chiamaka Chuddy and those Nurses working in such areas are still expected to renew their licenses at them same cost with those in government sectors.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Nnakwe Johnpaul Chris Chai,
why can't we just save up, write licensing exams for western countries, it's hard but let's try, the stress worth it, any serious minded person can begin with UK, the process is relatively straight forward... God bless us all
Atuh Oluchi Ugochukwu If we all go to UK who will do the work here, just being Inquisitve
Nnakwe Johnpaul Chris
If you're comfortable you can stay Atuh Oluchi Ugochukwu, many reasons underpin our decisions, my career path is Anaesthetic Nursing, which I can only reach the peak in country like 🇺🇸 where I can work, do my masters and doctorate in it, so leaving or staying is a choice, every year new nurses emerge, even many are unemployed, so job mobility entails people leaving old jobs for new people to take it up.
Bless UP

Nnakwe Johnpaul Chris
I personally can't do a nursing job of #50k, when I left school before NYSC many were rushing to do jobs of #20k, I stayed back assisting people with their Research, made more than that, and to the glory of God, everything worked out as prayed, an igbo adage says, ONYE KWE, CHI YA EKWE
Atuh Oluchi Ugochukwu Thanks o,then a sister needs your help if you can be true to your words as a good advicer, money is the issue here you know what am talking about

Olaonipekun O. Helen Atuh Oluchi Ugochukwu UK pathway is free of charge. All you need is pass ielts and cbt .

Joke Bello Sayomi
Olaonipekun O. Helen Nothing is free......money for d exam, money for review/lesson before exam, if you want to get materials to read nko (unless u use only free material by some good online groups).....all before you now get an agent.....visa, test ,ticket etc nothing is free my sister, may God help us all
Olaonipekun O. Helen
Joke Bello Sayomi 'Free' here means you are not paying any agent. It is a very transparent and easy access. You will definitely pay for exams.
Zoe Nazzy
Nnakwe Johnpaul Chris you have said it all... My brother don't mind them. Some nurses are the cause of all these peanut pay. They will never stand their ground when it come to remuneration. That's why doctors and other allied health professional tend to earn higher.

I was offered 50k job in a private hospital, they pay doctors 180k, medlab and pharm105, physiotherapist 120k, Sono130k, single quali 25k, Bnsc RN, and double qauli 50k.

I rejected the offer, I went and acquired skill while awaiting Nysc.
U need to see how nurses were desperate to get the job. I and one lady made a decision of not collecting the offer. Today she's outside the country.

My brother, I make my dols unapologically via the skill in my comfort zone.
Is good to work, I don't support idleness but my honorable colleagues any job that will not give me what I want shouldn't come at all.

#ONYE KWE, CHI YA EKWE#
IF U AGREE TO SETTLE FOR LESS, YOUR GOD WILL GREE

That's just the adage
Let's use our brain, anytime u are bargaining with an employer, ensure you arrived at a satisfactory amount.

Looking at the risks involve in dispensing holistic nursing care to the sick and non sick it's enough reason to reject any low pay job.
Nurses face same hazard with other health professionals that collects lion share as remuneration.

Pls don't allow our reward is heaven mentality to becloud you.
As the case maybe all the health workers n non health workers (everybody) reward is heaven.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Olayemi Ayorinde Akinola
Average if 60k to 70k for double qualified in Gwarimpa, Abuja
Okodaso Efechaobor Patience
Warri, RN 35-50k, RNM 50-70K
Olufemi Iseyemi Folakemi
Even in govt services, nurses entry point is the least among the cardinal health workers and they carry the major work load. The reasons are best known to salaries and wages.
Toyin Olasunkanmi Johnson Akomolafe Single qualified earns 50+k in govt hospital while double earns 80+k. As NO11
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Nurses Salary in America

The median annual wage for nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives, and nurse practitioners was $113,930 in May 2018. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $80,670, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $182,750.

Median annual wages for nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives, and nurse practitioners in May 2018 were as follows:

Nurse anesthetists $167,950
Nurse practitioners 107,030
Nurse midwives 103,770
In May 2018, the median annual wages for nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives, and nurse practitioners in the top industries in which they worked were as follows:

Hospitals; state, local, and private $120,540
Outpatient care centers 115,720
Offices of other health practitioners 112,740
Offices of physicians 111,440
Educational services; state, local, and private 104,310

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/mobi ... ioners.htm

Registered Nurse Manager/Registered Nurse Manager Recruit
Permanent Full Time
$1,898.40 - $2,819.20 Biweekly
08/16/19
Nursing / Human Services
Health and Human Services -
Minimum Requirement-Possession of a diploma or associate's degree in nursing.

3906-19-Registered Nurse Manag
Practical Nurse Licensed
Permanent Full Time
$20.53 - $26.02 Hourly
Continuous
02/20/19
Health Services
Corrections - Charles Egeler Reception and Guidance Center

4727HC-19-0115 DWH
Registered Nurse Manager-1
Permanent Full Time
$26.89 - $35.24 Hourly
Continuous
07/12/19
Health Services / Mental Health / Nursing / Health Care Support
Health and Human Services - Walter Reuther Psychiatric Hospital
Possession of a master's degree in nursing or possession of a bachelor's degree in nursing and six months of experience equivalent to a Registered Nurse P11 may be substituted for the experience requirement.

3945-19-007
Registered Nurse 12
Permanent Full Time
$25.56 - $33.64 Hourly
Continuous
03/28/19
Mental Health / Nursing / Miscellaneous / Health Care Support
Health and Human Services - Forensic Center

3920-19-016
Registered Nurse P11
Permanent Full Time
$23.73 - $31.35 Hourly
Continuous
03/28/19
Mental Health / Nursing / Miscellaneous / Forensics / Health Care Support
Health and Human Services - Forensic Center
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Whenever I think of this, I break into spiritual or physical tears.

Nigerian intern Nurses are placed on CONHESS 7 While intern medical laboratory scientists, physiotherapists, pharmacists, etc are placed on CONHESS 8 as intern Doctors are placed on CONHESS 9. For justice to reign, intern Nurses should be palced atleast on CONHESS 8 to avoid frustrations and devaluation.
I seearched online and found that among the 28 countries with the least minimum wages, Nigeria is not among them. Surprisingly, Only 3 countries pay their Nurses less than Our beloved Country pays after conversion to the United States Dollars (USD). Somalia, Yemen, Sudan Nurses e.t.c got about 200 USD above Nigerian Nurse on a monthly bases talkless of other giant African countries like Egypt, South Africa, e.t.c. We are certainly incomparable to Asian, Ameriacan and European countries.

The dependance of quality of health care to Nursing services can not be over emphasized. Therefore, not only Nurses but all concerned citizens should please broadcast this as much as one could; in order to enhance fairness and quality of health care.

The poor payment also present it self after retirement. It is crystal clear that after retirement Nigerian medical doctors establish a clinic/hospital, Nigerian pharmacist opens a great pharmacy and medical laboratory scientist starts a well equiped laboratory. Sadly enough, Nigerian Nurse opens a petty drug store (refer to as chemist in Nigeria) after retirement which progressively vanished in less than 5 years due to inadequate savings that results from poor Salary.

We Cried Out! We voiced out!! We should be recognised!!! We call for justice and fairness!!! We call for equity!!!
Nr Muhammad Yusuf Danladi
August 2019.
Sister Nadi
Reactions:
Years of practice: 19

Unread post by Sister Nadi »

Why will any one think a nurse does not deserve respect and good pay ?
Action is the foundamental key to all success
Olamide
Reactions:
Years of practice: 3

Unread post by Olamide »

If salary is your thing, you will probably find this 2020 information on the average salaries of nurses and pharmacists in Nigeria useful.

nurses
"On average, entry-level nurses earn N50,000 to N80,000 in private hospitals in Nigeria while their counterpart in government hospitals earn about N70,000 to N120,000.

Salaries of nurses in Government hospitals/Teaching hospitals:
Entry level (0-2 years experience): N70,000 to N90,000 (only few hospitals pay more than this)
Mid-level (2-5 years): N90,000 to N110,000
Experienced (5 years and above): N100,000 to N150,000

Salaries of nurses in private hospitals:
Entry level (0-2 years experience): N50,000 to N80,000
Mid-level (2-5 years): N70,000 to N100,000
Experienced (5 years and above): N80,000 to N150,000"

Reference: https://nigerianprice.com/nurses-salary ... %20factors.

Pharmacists

Salaries of Pharmacists in Government hospitals/Teaching hospitals:
Entry level (0-2 years experience): N165,000 to N200,000 (One or two teaching hospitals pay N300,000 for entry level)
Mid-level (2-5 years): N250,000 to N450,000
Experienced (5 years and above): N450,000 to N800,000

Salaries of Pharmacists in private hospitals:
Entry level (0-2 years experience): N75,000 to N150,000
Mid-level (2-5 years): N150,000 to N250,000
Experienced (5 years and above): N200,000 to N400,000"
https://nigerianprice.com/pharmacists-s ... n-nigeria/
Your post is about RN entry level and not BNsc entry level. Comoare degrees with degree and not degree with diploma.
Pharmacist earn more but your above comparison is flawed.
Again, how many pharmacist are employed by hospitals?
No pharmacist should aspire to work in hospital anyways.
Olamide
Reactions:
Years of practice: 3

Unread post by Olamide »

All I can say is that we shouldn't use the excuse of going abroad to deceive the innocent op. she should go for nursing if she loves taking care of people and seeing people recover. she should go for pharmacy if she loves outreach and answering to people's needs on time. i rather be a pharmacist than be a nurse because I will be very sound in drugs. medicine is for the prestige and nothing more. how much do nurses earn when they work with government 120k at most and 300k. If you work for like 20years. what is the need of me studying a course if I can't use it in Nigeria. Nigeria has a lot of brain drain in pharmacy. ineptitude of hospitals in purchasing facilities. I won't advice any pharmacist to work in hospitals. The richest health professionals in the world own pharmaceutical industries and make a lot of dollars. Red Rock can't match that. As a young pharmacist you make money early live a balanced life and not always on calls. how much does an intern doctor earn 120k. at most 150k. before you can make 300k and above, it is either you are a consultant 0or work in a multinational company. This means you must have worked for at least 5 years after internship. now calculate this 7 years course plus internship and at least 5years residency making it 13 years excluding strike some time even fifteen years and what about entering a residency another problem. sorry for drifting go for nursing or for pharmacy. you don't really need residency for pharmacy but you need guidance. There other courses like optometry and dentistry and many more. I know all of these because I have friends in the health sector
You sound so knowledgeable about what nurses make except it is not entirely accurate. I have friends that make 450-650k in Nigeria as nurses, without their BSc, granted it's in the oil sector and all except one have specialty qualification outside general nursing but I also have another with 12yrs experience that makes 400k/month outside the oil sector, I've come across others that make way more in higher managerial positions, all private sectors. I also got a 150k/month offer as a neonatal intensive care nurse when I had less than 4 years nursing experience in 2017. I dont know the full details of the public sector except for those earning 115-150k and they dont have up to 20yrs experience like you stated so I'm not going to dive into that.

As far as traveling abroad goes, it's always good to weigh your options, I didnt even plan to relocate outside the country before or right after school of nursing in 2013 but during the 2016 recession, I had a rethink and God used nursing to bless me. I decided where I wanted to go from a list of US, UK, Republic of Ireland and Canada. The first 2 offered jobs, green card sponsorship and relocation expenses and Ireland offered 2 out of those 3. After I made up my mind on the one I wanted, wrote the required exams and applied for jobs, I got 3 jobs while I was in Nigeria, i chose 1 that offered the most for the shortest contract and good pay. Relocation and green card sponsorship was by the facility, they even offered to sponsor spouse and kids under 21 If I had any, they paid my flight ticket, first 2 months rent, entire visa process (I left the country with an immigrant(green card) visa), gave me a non interest car loan after I got here and helped me settle in. There was no nepotism involved. I'm sure you cant get that with pharmacy anywhere. There is also more job opportunities and career options for nurses home and abroad. Also, you actually dont need to be a pharmacist to set up a pharmacy, you just have to partner with one.

https://www.nairaland.com/6101273/pharm ... 3#93665176
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Generally, the salary structures in based on 2 main standard. Consolidated Health Salary Structure (CONHESS) which is hospitals and Consolidated Universities Academics Salary Structure (CONAUSS) which is for academic sector.

Salary of Nurses in Government hospitals/Teaching Hospitals
Entry Level (0-2 years experience): N70,000 - N90,000 (Only few hospital pay more than this)
Mid level (2-5 years experience): N90, 000 - N120,000
Experience (5 and above experience) : N150,000 - N300,000

Salary of Nurses in Private Hospitals
Entry Level (0-2 years experience): N50,000 - N90,000 (Only few hospital pay more than this)
Mid level (2-5 years experience): N70, 000 - N100,000
Experience (5 and above experience) : N80,000 - N500,000
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Nurses Salary in UK
NHS.jpg
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic