10 REASONS WHY NURSES ARE AWESOME

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

10 REASONS WHY NURSES ARE AWESOME

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

These caring professionals have one of the most challenging and rewarding jobs out there. Here’s a shout out to all the nurses out there – you’re awesome!

Nurses are some of the most dedicated professionals in the healthcare field, providing comfort, respite and necessary care to those who fall ill. Giving a shout-out to all those incredible men and women who decided to become a caring professional. If you didn’t need convincing already, read on about the amazing selfless work of nurses.

1. Nurses are super smart
Becoming a nurse isn’t a simple task. Nurses are required to have a college or university degree, and many continue on to specialties or even receiving their masters. Most nurses continue expanding the knowledge base in their field by attending workshops, seminars and courses.

2. Nurses save lives
Hospitals would not function without nurses. They are the first point of contact when encountering a patient, and provide the initial analysis of a patient’s condition. Doctors rely heavily on nurses for crucial information about each patient, and their experience and medical knowledge provides the basis of diagnoses and subsequent treatments.

3. Nurse have amazing people skills
Nurses do their best to treat all patients and their families with respect, absorbing their worries and fears, and even using humor as a way to offset any angst.

4. Nurses have no problem getting their hands dirty
Let's face it, patients can be messy. Nurses take on the giving role of helping them every step of the way - whether it's diaper changes for elderly patients or giving someone a bath.

5. Nurses make people feel safe
When entering a hospital or medical facility, the first person you encounter will be a nurse. Whether you're being admitted or preparing to see a doctor, nurses are the initial point of contact and are there to answer questions and assuage fears.

6. Nurses have boundless energy
If you think 9 to 5 can be tiring, try being a nurse. Many nurses work 10 – 12 hour shifts (!) with minimal breaks in between. Even after all those hours, nurses conduct themselves in a professional and caring manner helping patients heal faster.

7. Nurses are calm under pressure

Trained in how to act in the case of an emergency or worse-case scenario, nurses are cool as cucumbers when it comes to pressure.

8. Nurses are team players
With ever-changing shifts that include new doctors and personnel, nurses are experts at working as part of a team. When emergency situations arise, nurses band together to help those in need and ensure that patients receive the best possible care.

9. Nurses are highly organized
With tons of patients coming in through a hospital or medical facility’s doors, nurses are responsible not only for caring for the patients but making sure that all their paperwork is in order. Nurses have to keep track of a large number of individuals, ensuring that they receive the proper care at the appropriate time - like when to take medicine or have their blood tested.

10. Nurses are versatile
Each day brings new set of personalities and ailments, all of which nurses deal with grace and aplomb. They need to switch gears constantly from working directly with patients to doctors and doing office work.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
360musicng
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Re: 10 REASONS WHY NURSES ARE AWESOME

Unread post by 360musicng »

Nurses are pretty Too!!
raleighsimon
Reactions:
Years of practice: 1

Unread post by raleighsimon »

The stories you have shared in your post are really awesome.This forum post is very useful to everyone studying it because the details and information it contains is very essential I like your post.I must say you have done a great job and also want to appreciate you. Thanks for sharing. If you are looking for best writer then go through with this essay writing service reviews , you can get better information.
marysanz
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Unread post by marysanz »

It is very pleasure to hear this. I'm a nurse and a part time writer in an
Rebeca
Reactions:
Years of practice: 6

Unread post by Rebeca »

Nurses are the backbone of Hospitals. If they don't treated the patient nicely there will be less chance of fast recovery for the patients. We must appreciate them for their this act of Kindness as Nursing is a noble profession and it takes as a very respectable profession in all religions. We should give them respect and share our happiness with them. Like we should celebrate their birthdays with them or speak gently to them. On seasonal events we should give them a lovely gift that will make them feel special.
Wativ
Reactions:

Unread post by Wativ »

I completely agreed with your article. The points you have shared are so real and seriously all the Nurses are true image of your Article. You have well define their characteristics. One of my friend is Nurse and i just madly in love with her because of her nature and duties towards her patients. I brought her a gift for her tremendous job which i bought from an online store named wativ.com
jackcorvalen
Reactions:

Unread post by jackcorvalen »

cool
elmadavis
Reactions:
Years of practice: 8

Unread post by elmadavis »

Nurses are smart and they save life. People feel safe when they are around. I am also a medical student and currently doing a freelance job as a medical CV writer in UK. I feel luckiest to be a nurse. There are many other reasons which shows that a nursing profession is awesome.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic