Celebrating Nursing Heroes in Nigeria

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Celebrating Nursing Heroes in Nigeria

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

CNO.jpg
We have had many nursing leaders that have sacrifice themselves to uplift the profession and have impacted positively to the image of nursing in Nigeria.

I think they are worthy of mention and to be archived for posterity.

We cherish and celebrate heroes abroad, lets name our own heroes that we know have contributed positive changes to Nigerian nursing.

Kindly mention what impact or role when celebrating them. They could be from federal, state and local government.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: Celebrating Nursing Heroes in Nigeria

Abana Ebubechukwu MR JOHN ANIECHE. . . THE BEST ANATOMY/MED-SURG NURSING LECTURER. HE CAN CHALLENGE AND ACTIVATE THE GIANT IN ANY STUDENT. HE IS SIMPLY GIFTED TO TEACH. IYI-ENU NURSES APPRECIATES YOU.
Faith Izeghe Owolabi: Dr B.L Ajibade. He was and still is a great mentor.He groomed us then in my school to be one of the best nurse everywhere we are. his favorite quote "INABILITY TO TALK IS THE BEGINNING OF LIFE'S MISFORTUNE" has really been an inspiration to me. God bless you Dr B.L Ajibade.
Essie Janet Uche: Mr Anieche, when He lectures, even if you dont understand, quietly he will tell the Nursing Student"Say yes nah" so that you will Understand it well. And Also he always Give us Advice, Prayers and Encouragement. God Bless Anieche, God bless Nursing.
Nelson Uniqueness Nancy: Mrs Ogbolu .O.L. She is the best any one can have as a tutor in SON unth Enugu. She teaches with passion and allows u think beyond ur capacity. She challenges u to be the nurse you want to be and also encourages you as a student to always strive for the best and nothing less.
Kunle Emmanuel: Dr. Mrs. Victoria Hansatu Gowon, a nurse by profession is the wife of former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon (rtd),
The first lady helped elevate the status of nurses in Nigeria by making the government pay nurses more. She is celebrated as a hero.

During Yakubu Gowon’s administration, there was this problem of segregation between nurses pay package and that of the English nurses. The nurses union then agreed that they go on strike. But Gowon’s wife, Victoria, who was in the nursing school at the University of Ibadan that time, got wind of the strike plan and sent a message to the husband to act promptly. He ordered that the pay package of be elevated and demands be met and that was all.
She deserves being our hero. We celebrate you ma.
Okpanachi Enape: Mr Jacob Abauwa of the famous SON Mkar is one teacher who will challenge u to more. His in depth knowledge of pathophysiology is a blessing to all students that were thought by him.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Olufemi Iseyemi Folakemi: I celebrate Miss Ogunro, former ADNS LUTH, an outstanding courageous nurse who can challenge anyone erring regardless of his or her status. She is known for standard. Presently, A commissioner 4 in Lagos state.
Rachel George: I celebrate Dr Mrs Agbedia & Dr.Mrs Mukoro(DELSU They are role model.they have impacted good skills & knowledge in the life of their student. Delsu BNSc nurses can represent nursing worldwide through their skill & knowledge acquired through the period of learning. I am proud of them anywhere in the world.
Esther Osadjere Bamgbose: I can not forget my hero in school of nursing Bida, in person of Barrister Edward Dauda a lawyer-nurse, who have impacted on me greatly,his teaching technique was unique,and the way he handled nursing procedures can not be over emphasized.However,the duo of Mrs Adetunji (a former principal)and Dr(mrs) Obaje (wife of former president Olusegun Obansanjo Chaplain) of Baptist Medical Centre School of Midwifery (now Bowen teaching Hospital) Ogbomoso, were the guru's that made midwifery training easy for me,mechanism of labour were made anthem that we rendered daily taught by Mrs Adetunji, my research project that was supervised by Dr (mrs) Obaje my role model, hardworking, brainy and a disciplinarian. l celebrate you all today and always,you have made me in nursing profession and l pray for God's wisdom upon you all.
Oyeyinka Arike Bankole-Adegoke: Mrs LAWAL of school of nursing LUTH is Another hero and guru teacher of great anatomy and physiology who despite d magnitude of d subject made it simple and interesting 4 us 2 understand . Presently a tutor @ Babcock May the good Lord continue to prosper their work of her hand.
Falaki Ajayi Grace Olufunke: I celebrate Mrs C. B. Falaki is a great teacher at School of Nursing Akure ,she teaches medico surgical nursing. She is my mentor in nursing. She was the director of nursing in Ekiti. Retired but not tired
Busayo Shobiye Oderinde Pa J O Oke, and Pa Jemiri were nursing tutors of repute in the Neuropsychiatric school of nursing and Sacred Heart hospital school of nursing, they have been sources of inspiration to many, they worth being commended.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

I am yet to read any past secretary general of NMCN names. Past President contributions. I am sure they have contributed to the growth Nigerian nursing one way or the other.

Olufemi Iseyemi Folakemi: Late President Sabulu is a man to be remembered, he mean well for us but for death that snatched him in that ugly plane crash.

My school principal Mr Adegbulu, School Nurisng Akure, he was a father indeed. He inculcate morals into us , always emphasizing that there are 3 domain you must excel in to be a good nurse, cognitive, affective, and psychomotor domain. If you fail in any of this, then, you cannot be a nurse.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Gbenga Tokoni write:
I have seen a role model!
Professor Prisca Olabisi Adejumo, Head of Department (HOD), Nursing Department, University of Ibadan, has a PhD in Medical Sociology and another one in Nursing.

She was born in the year 1967. Wrote general certificate examination GCE in form four in the year 1985, went to School of Nursing UBTH from 1986-1989 although her Father wanted her to be an Engineer, she loved to be a Nurse (or an air hostess). She did her Midwife at Ijebu Ode from March 1990 to March 1991. Because she was set to get to the peak of her career when some friends mocked her for being a mere Nurse with a Diploma, she opted to go further!

Enrolled for bachelor's of Nursing at the University of Ibadan from 1993 to 1997 and graduated with a seond class upper division. She proceeded for masters; M.Sc in Nursing (1999) and M.Sc in Medical Sociology (2000). She went further to have her Ph.D! Ph.D in Medical Sociology and Ph.D in Medical Surgical Nursing, 2000-2004,2016. Wow!

Prof Prisca has about 84 publications including 3 books. She has supervised over a 100 undergraduate students and 30 post graduate students.

She is a fellow of the West African College of Nurses WACN. NANDA-1 (Nigeria Chapter), Oncology Nursing Society ONS, African Organization For Research And Training In Cancer AORTIC, Council for Development and Social Science Research in Africa CODESRIA, Nursing Education, Curriculum as well as Research Subcommittee of Nursing and Midwife Council and Society of Oncology and Cancer In Nigeria SOCRON, many more.
Prof Prisca has been honoured with so many awards, I can start mentioning.
She is a Christian, a Wife and a Mother.
She is my latest #RoleModelinNursing!
#RoleModel
#ProfessionalMotivation
I am greatly inspired.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Meet Dr. Margaret Dolapo Ekiran HOD Nursing Science LUTH

Dr. Margaret Dolapo Ekiran is on top of her nursing career as the Head, Department Of Nursing Science, College Of Medicine, University Of Lagos. Her engagement with the nursing profession dates back to her secondary school days when she fell in love with the appearance of nurses during a visit to a hospital, and from there pursued the course to the highest level. She talks about the gains and challenges of the profession

The first time Dr. Margaret Dolapo Ekiran, Head of Department, Nursing Science, College of Medicine, University of Lagos saw nurses, she knew she had met people of like mind.

READ DETAILS HERE http://naijanursesforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1571
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic