How do I register for UK NMC CBT in Nigeria?

N&MCN, NANNM News Release and Admission News
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

How do I register for UK NMC CBT in Nigeria?

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Applying for the test of competence

The test of competence requires candidates to complete an online application process.

The CBT is designed to test your knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation of professional nursing practice. As you are an international trained nurse, the NMC expects you to meet UK pre-registered nurse standards.

As a Nigerian Nurse, you must meet the following requirements to begin your application with the NMC;
  • 1. Hold a Nursing Diploma/Degree.
    2. Hold current nursing registration or a nursing licence without restrictions.
    3. Meet OET/IELTS requirements.
The following are the step by step description of the new process:

Step 1: Account creation. Click here

Step 2: Complete eligibility & qualification application.

Step 3: Upload documents supporting your qualification & professional registration.

Step 4: Submit your application by making a payment of £140.

The NMC will take about 35 days to complete the process of initial assessment and NMC will contact you once complete. On successful completion of the initial assessment, you will be able to book the LEVEL 1 test of competence, i.e CBT (Computer based test) which can be booked and appeared from any part of the world.

CBT exam is conducted by Pearson Vue, who will send you an invitation email to schedule your test after the initial verification from NMC. The cost will be £83.00

Credit: https://www.envertiz.com/nmc-registration-process
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: How do I register for UK NMC CBT in Nigeria?

On successful completion of the NMC’s tests of competence-Part-1, the applicant can begin the final stage of Registration.

The steps involved are:
Step 1: General Health Declaration
Step 2: Character Declaration/PCC
Step 3: English Language Proficiency evidence(IELTS/OET)
Step 4: Payment of Registration fee £153
Step 5: Identity and Biometric verification

We advise nurses to complete second part of the registration as soon they pass the CBT and before they travel to the UK

NMC’s tests of competence:
1. Computer Based Test (CBT) – Pearson VUE Test Centers across the world. You do it online for Naija Nurses

Computer Based Test (CBT)

Multiple choices 120 questions
4 hours max duration

68% score overall to pass
Maximum 2 re-sits
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Successfully pass the CBT exam.

This test of competence examines your understanding, knowledge and application of professional skills.

You will be tested on areas such as acute care, long-term care setting, caring of healthy people, caring for patients with complex needs and illnesses, and caring for people in a community setting such as their own home.

The CBT exam is a computer-based exam made up of theoretical practice-based knowledge. It is all multiple-choice questions and it will take place in a test centre or can be completed online, depending on the country you are applying from.

Click here to register for your test.

Exam results are emailed to candidates within 48 hours after taking the examination and you will be awarded either a pass or a fail. The CBT is valid for two years.

The exam costs £130 and will be refunded by the Trust upon arrival.

NMC aim to process the application within 60 days, once we have received all required documents. When everything is completed, you will be invited to complete the OSCE exam in your assigned UK hospital.
source
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Fees associated with NMC Registration:
Initial Assessment fee £140
Part 1 test of competence (CBT) £83
Part 2 test of competence (OSCE) £794
Admission to the NMC register £153
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

How to Book CBT Test?

The test of competence requires candidates to complete an online application process. You can register on the NMC UK website.

You must receive authorization (ATT) to take the test from us before you can book and pay for your exam with Pearson VUE. Once the NMC has told you that you need to take the test of competence, you can book your CBT with Pearson VUE.

To schedule, reschedule or cancel an exam follow the steps:

Step 1
Log with your login credential provided by NMC in to your Pearson Vue account https://home.pearsonvue.com/nmc.

Step 2
On your dashboard you will be able to see Pre-approved Exams “RNA: Registered Nurse – Adult”. click on that and follow the instructions to book your test.

The NMC has taken continuous steps in reducing the CBT fee. The latest fee is £83 with effect from 7th October 2019.

Step 3
Chose a location and pay the test fees.

There are some instances when you feel like you are not yet ready to take the exam. In this case, it is best to trust your gut and reschedule your exam.
Here are the steps:

Step 1: Log in to your Pearson Vue account

Step 2: Click on either “View Exams” or “My Account”. There’s an option to reschedule the date of your exam.

Step 3: Recheck the date of your new appointment and take note of it.

**Rescheduling a CBT exam is at NO cost, just ensure to change the date at least a day or two before your actual exam schedule.**

Please do not book your online Test of Competence until you have studied and reviewed the following modules.

https://cbtelearning.com/topic/how-to-book-cbt-test/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic