Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Why Are Prayers Only For “barren Women” But Not “impotent Men”? Dr Olufunmilayo

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Why Are Prayers Only For “barren Women” But Not “impotent Men”? Dr Olufunmilayo

“Why does infertility in African culture stigmatize and blame women?”

Why do churches offer special prayers for “barren women” but never “impotent men”? – Dr Olufunmilayo asks a rhetorical question.

Why is it that in churches, there are special prayers for “barren women”, but never “impotent men”?

Why do Pastors call people who are “seeking God for children” and only women come out, but never men?

Read below…..

Society and culture has made childlessness a woman’s problem. But it is not.

Why do you see a couple struggling to have children and you only wonder if the wife’s womb is intact, but not the man’s penis or testicles?

Why do our movies suggest a childless couple have the challenge because the woman had many abortions but not because the man had many STDs.

However you know what the facts of the matter is? Infertility is not a woman’s problem. It is a couple problem. In other words, the medical fact is infertility is never solely due to the woman, but can be due to problems from both the man and the woman. Many of you don’t know.

If as a man,
  • You take excessive alcohol,

You smoke cigarettes, shisha etc,

You wear very tight underwear,

You have repeated STDs untreated,

You have low sperm count,

You have problems with good erection,
ALL of these, can make you infertile, Or difficult to ever father a child.

If as a woman,

• You have irregular periods,

You are overweight,

You smoke cigarettes, shisha etc,

You have repeated STDs untreated,

You produce milk when not pregnant,

You insert nonsense into your vagina to “tighten”, “flush” and “upgrade” it,
ALL these can make you infertile.

These are the things we should be educating one another about.

Not trying to pin all problems of infertility on women.

That’s counterproductive and unintelligent.

And that’s why when a couple goes to see a doctor, about infertility, the doctor will do tests for both of them.

This is why we must be different in our generation and not perpetuate the shameful stereotype that all infertility in marriages must surely be because of the woman.

Let me clarify, I’m not saying it can never be because if the woman.

I’m saying it can also be because of the man.

Of course one can reply and say: “But why do men get side chicks pregnant after their wives fail to give them children”?

So many reasons: Irregular sex, The wife not ovulating, The wife having problems, Or just sheer being unlucky.

Have you tried flipping the coin?

Let me help.

Think of this:

If a couple were having challenges having a child, do you know if the woman went out to have unprotected sex, like some men do, she can also get pregnant?
But this rarely happens. Because married women don’t.

That doesn’t mean those married women are infertile.
Anyway, if you are married or looking for children, Have unprotected sex 4 times a week.

Cut down alcohol- not more than one small glass a week.
Stop smoking completely- shisha, cigarettes etc Stay off contraceptives.

Don’t swallow semen- that’s not where it should go
If you are over 30 years, try those ideas for six months, If you are under 30, try it for one year, If after this duration, you still find difficulties getting pregnant, DO NOT WAIT any longer.
Go and see a doctor ASAP. So that if there is need for medical help, it can commence.

I hope this short post has educated you a little about infertility causes and what you can do, But beyond that, I hope this has opened your eyes to the unfortunate unfair stigmatisation of married women as being “barren”, when the fault may never be theirs.

In conclusion, the views of infertility in African culture is not fair to women and needs to been re-oriented.

Thanks for reading.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Sister
Reactions:
Years of practice: 18

Re: Why Are Prayers Only For “barren Women” But Not “impotent Men”? Dr Olufunmilayo

Unread post by Sister »

Good information
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic