Are mosquito coils good or bad for our health?

Forum rules
The information contained on this web site is for information purposes and is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Are mosquito coils good or bad for our health?

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Mosquito coils can help beat the bite of mosquitoes are most effective outdoors, and best avoided in closed, indoor settings.
There’s growing concern about the adverse health impacts associated with the burning of mosquito coils and sticks indoors. The insecticide products used are generally considered safe, but it’s the particulate matter produced from a smouldering mosquito coil that poses the greatest risk.
Is it correct to conclude “burning one mosquito coil in a closed room amounts to smoking roughly 100 cigarettes” as some have claimed?
The link between smoking cigarettes and poor health outcomes is clear. What about mosquito coil smoke, especially if there’s almost daily exposure,
One study estimated the particulate matter produced from burning one mosquito coil was equivalent to burning 75-137 cigarettes. This amount of exposure poses a health risk, but there is a lack of clear evidence that the long-term exposure to mosquito coil smoke increases the risk of more serious health impacts such as lung cancer.
Avoid using mosquito coil in a closed door particularly with children inside the room.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
brantlee0
Reactions:
Years of practice: 1

Re: Are mosquito coils good or bad for our health?

Unread post by brantlee0 »

this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot! website
brantlee0
Reactions:

I went to this website, and I believe that you have a plenty of excellent information, I have saved your site to my bookmarks.
brantlee0
Reactions:

thanks this is good blog.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic