- Use antibacterial wipes or soap and water to clean your phone
- Wash hands and forearms with soap and water and dry them
- Remove uniform and change into your own clothes
- Give uniform to work laundry (if available)
- If not, put uniform in a plastic bag
When you arrive home
- Wash your hands again
- Put your washing in the machine and wash by itself in the highest temperature that the fabric can tolerate. Then iron or tumble dry
- Throw away the plastic bag that you carried your uniform in
‘Nurses shouldn’t be wearing their uniforms home, that has always been the advice. ‘It is good practice, and people need to be more rigorous than normal about it.
Fundamental thing is to wash your hands thoroughly when leaving work, and after your journey, especially if you use public transport.